Sunday, October 17, 2021

Bat-Genome

 My first knife fight against one of these brutes went well. That's not sarcasm actually, it did go well. My earlier fight with big sexist, racist KRAKEN dude who's name I didn't bother remembering feels like a long time ago, but well... That was also a fight with a guy much bigger and stronger than me where I had only a knife, well I mean I ended the fight by shooting him with his gun, but you get my meaning. The point is fighting him was good practice for these guys.

Their strength doesn't matter, I'm faster, more agile and most importantly I'm smarter. When I fight them they just try their best to hurt me or grab me, get me into a position where I'd have to contend with their overwhelming strength, but as long as I don't let them, they're easy enough to take out. Cutting tendons and stabbing joints also works very well to shift the power dynamic between me and my opponent. Hard to crush my windpipe with an arm you can't use any more.

The point of this of course being... I've gotten pretty good at killing these things, I say things partially because they're barely human anymore and also because well... none of them were human before the forest anyway, they were Towerborn which may have been human once, but it's not like even they remember that. 

The only important thing is not to get overwhelmed. If even one of them does manage to grab me, that's probably it. Which means that again much like during my time fighting KRAKEN in my base, it's time for Bat Genome! Stealthily moving through the forest, identifying solo targets and taking them out while looking for my main goal. The dense forest actually works pretty well for stealth, I'm hardly wearing camouflage appropriate clothing, especially with how much blood is now covering me, but visibility is so bad through all the thick trees that as long as I'm careful it's really easy to spot the brutes who make no attempt to hide themselves before they can spot me.

Time in the forest seems to be strange as well... I have no idea how long I've been here. I can't see the sun or stars, but I'm not even sure if there is a day or night here, it's like... 

It's like the forest isn't on earth.. It feels a lot like being in a different realm, like the times I've visited The Newborn's domain. It's been a while since I've really thought about it... I can't even remember what the Newborn's domain was called.

No comments:

Post a Comment