Monday, October 18, 2021

It's Over...

 It feels... tiring... I don't know how much time has passed, but I've been breathing filtered air for who knows how long and killing people isn't exactly a non-exhaustive activity. I imagine the filters on any normal gas mask would have failed by now, but these are some kind of Fear Gas Masks with... magic or something... I don't know.

Sorry I'm rambling a bit, this post wasn't supposed to be about how exhausted I am or about my gas mask and other protective gear... no this post was supposed to be how I finally found and killed Jeer and Rioter... 

There I was, bat-genoming around the forest. I had misjudged an earlier fight and had gotten myself slightly injured so I was moving slower than usual, which turned out to be a good thing, cause all this time while I was stalking through the forest, someone else was stalking me and my slower movement let them catch up to me... It was Rioter. 

I was watching another Brute and waiting for a chance to strike when Rioter caught me. He tackled me from behind and pinned me to the ground, letting out a loud roar that echoed through the forest. I was pinned face down and while I had my knife in hand, I couldn't get a good strike on him. I thought this was the end, he could easily crush me and I had no way out of this. 

Except it turns out Rioter's little roar of triumph had alerted someone else who was looking for him. I felt Rioter get knocked off of me and rolled onto my back to see what had happened. It was Jeer. He had tackled Rioter and the two were now scrambling to try and get an upper hand as they tussled with each other. 

The two of them resembled large hairless apes more than they resembled anything human at this point. 

... Yes I know hairless ape is itself a description for humans, but... just trust me they didn't look human. 

I could have just let them fight and taken out the loser, it might have been a good idea, but at the time my thought process was, get them while they're distracted.

I ran forward and slid past behind Rioter slicing the back of his legs with my knife which let Jeer get the upper hand and knock Rioter onto his back. While Jeer started to pummel Rioter with multiple blows, each of which could have easily killed a normal person... you know like myself, I took the risk of getting behind Jeer and stabbing him in the neck. 

It... didn't kill him. It definitely hurt him, but he turned and knocked me away with a roar of pain. I let go of my knife which remained stabbed into his throat. He turned on me and I was dazed by the blow he had struck me when he turned. I mentioned I had been injured earlier right... well the lucky bastard hit me right in my injury. The pain was immense and I was having trouble focusing as Jeer began to advance towards me. He seemed shaky as well, but that might have just been my vision. 

Regardless Rioter suddenly leapt onto him from behind and his hand grabbed hold of the handle of the knife, yanking it backwards and tearing it through the flesh of Jeer's neck, Jeer let out an inhuman screech as his throat was torn open and he began to thrash as Rioter held onto him until Jeer collapsed.

Jeer was dead, but Rioter was still alive and Rioter now had my knife. Luckily for me this is also when I remembered that I actually still had a gun. I had been using the knife because I had almost run out of bullets and had wanted to save some bullets for exactly this occasion. Rioter began to approach me and I drew my gun. 

I don't think he knew what it was, he didn't slow, didn't recoil, just kept moving towards me and as I had promised to do a while ago. I shot him in his stupid smug face. It was... exactly as satisfying as I had imagined it would be. After that I took a breather and then got to work. A heart and lungs from Jeer, a brain and another eye from Rioter. Assorted other organs from both and I put them all in the handy organ storage boxes I had been given.

With the packages secured I began heading for the meeting place. Hopefully I'll meet Drake there and well...  hopefully this will all be over soon, it's time to go see the corpse of my old boss. I was told that this would all end at the Newborn's Corpse...

No comments:

Post a Comment