Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Shit... Shit shit shit!

 Okay... I knew it was just a matter of time. Shit's going bad. Bad for KRAKEN and especially bad for me. 


The good news, Leo is dead, the bad news Spit isn't. The worse news they know who I am. The entire outside of my base is frozen over and The Cold Boy is here somewhere killing seemingly indiscriminately. 


The surprising news. I have an ally. 


I'm currently hiding. I mean this is my base I know it better than these KRAKEN fucks. I won't be able to hide here for long, but for the moment it's a safe spot to think and plan and I might as well also inform people of the situation. Some of the information I learned might be useful to... I dunno. The AMU or something. Look I'm mostly talking, because it keeps me from panicking. 


So, here's what happened. The snowstorm was getting worse and now we could see Cold Ones watching the building. It seemed pretty obvious none of us were making it out alive. Which apparently meant the KRAKEN guys decided to make sure that I'd die first. I was called in to see Leo like usual, but as I entered Spit was there as were a bunch of the other guys. The new guy was there as well. They were armed and watching me. Leo called me over and I went and he grabbed me and pulled me against him, "So... What was your name again? I can't remember what the name you gave us was... It doesn't matter though does it, Genome?" at that point I stopped caring and wasn't about to let him get off whatever dramatic pantomime he had waiting. I knew it was only a matter of time until something like this happened if not this exactly and so I'd been prepared. I'd had a knife hidden on my person since the day they arrived. I drew it out and was lucky that my position meant only he and I could see the knife. I got the satisfaction of watching his eyes widen before the knife slashed across his throat. I fell off his lap as he released me clutching for my throat and I heard yelling behind me which I expected, what I didn't expect was the gurgling noises. I turned expecting bullets to pierce my skin, instead I saw two KRAKEN members collapsing to the ground knives sticking out of their throats and our visitor stabbing another who tried to turn their gun on him. 

Either he could just manifest knives at will or he had a lot more knives hidden on him than I did. Either way he was taking up KRAKEN's attention which gave me a chance to flee. Unfortunately I didn't get far as all of a sudden the floor became slippery with Ice and I collapsed face down as did everyone else in the room and I slid into something. I glanced up and looked into the face of The Cold Boy. 

The next few seconds were even greater Chaos. A number of people died immediately as they opened fire on the Fear and The Visitor slid over and helped me to my feet, darting us both around The Cold Boy and towards the door, just as some kind of icicle explosion went off in the room and I could hear flesh being torn apart. The visitor and I weren't entirely unscathed. Jagged shards of ice peppered both of us, I have multiple cuts and bruises and so does he, but he also got a chunk of ice to the skull that seems to have knocked him cold... Pardon the pun. He's alive and I got him into hiding at the moment, hopefully he'll wake up, but I can hear fighting going on and KRAKEN guys are seemingly looking for us still, which honestly you'd think they'd have more interesting things to care about.

Oh and um... While unconscious he spoke in his sleep... He said


"After all I've done they'll have to tell me how to apply..."

No comments:

Post a Comment