Friday, April 24, 2020

Escape

I'm not going to be dramatic. Before I tell you how it happened I'm gonna tell you that I am out of The forest and I am... Mostly fine. I... Memory a bit... Have to check my name and blog to remind myself of stuff. Pretty constantly hungry... Which by the way Hunger is a fairly new sensation to me and I don't like it. Hungry, tired and um the third thing.

So... As for the forest. Well... After my last post I...

Sorry got distracted and forgot to continue writing for a bit there. This is going to be a problem. My perfect mind and perfect body are both failing me now. I hate this...

Anyway right! So... After that last post I just picked a direction and started heading in that direction.

At some point I started struggling to remember why I was even moving, but I always remembered that I was supposed to keep going in that direction so that worked out even if it was horrifying. I always thought the Blind Man was honestly kind of funny. I'd laugh at the idea of humans being scared of some kind taking their memories from them, but it is damn scary just suddenly losing those. Struggling to recall things. It's a goddamn nightmare. I mean...

Your memory is all that you are really? Without your memory you're not you anymore. You're something else with your body...

Ugh... Just thinking about it and how close I came to losing it all makes me shiver...

I got distracted again didn't I?

Fuck where was I?

Right! I made it to a point where I could see the forest moving and even in my addled brain I remembered that meant I was near the edge... Which is when one of Jeer's psychos found me.

I remembered that I was afraid of him, but at the time I was so tired and addled that I didn't really remember why. I didn't remember if I was supposed to run or fight and upon spotting me he just stood there and watched. Like he was expecting something. When whatever he was expecting didn't happen he started to approach and then well... He just kind of exploded... Everything above his stomach just kind of exploded into red and then a few seconds later a waxy feeling object grabbed me and started dragging me. I didn't struggle. I didn't remember why I should.

I woke up a bit later outside the forest. It took me a while to figure out what happened. Someone wearing a haz-mat suit and wielding some seriously high caliber weaponry apparently based on what happened to Jeer's guy saved me. I vaguely remembered being pushed into the passenger seat of a car... and then I woke up in an abandoned house. The area I'm in is abandoned since it's close enough to the forest it will probably be engulfed soon. The area was therefore evacuated meaning there were conveniently abandoned houses for my unknown saviour to leave me in.

When I came too I was actually in a bathtub and my body was covered in powder. What kind of powder was a mystery that was pretty quickly discovered. Apparently my saviour also saw fit to disinfect me with some kind of powder that I assume was meant to cleanse any remaining spores from my body. Anyway I'm gonna get the hell out of here now and hopefully I can remember the way back to my actual home. I doubt I'll have much luck trying to find my saviour so that's hardly worth it and I really just want to be back somewhere familiar.

2 comments: